Please enter a search term to begin your search.
E5: Ethernet Switch
Keep Panel Doors Closed...Save Panel Space
The GracePort® Unmanaged Ethernet Switch
gives you more reasons to keep yourcontrol panel door closed and limit exposure to voltage. Under NFPA 70E, openingcontrol panel doors is a time consuming process. Combining safety, productivity, andcost savings into one thru-door package offer you these benefits:
- Interior status LED?s (port P2 - P5) duplicated on front for thru-door diagnostics.
- Program multiple devices safely from outside the panel.
- Reduced cost due to panel space savings.
- Convenient external RESET and Power LED indication.
- Required external power supply: 24VDC only
- Available in UL Type 12/4/4X configurations to maintain enclosure rating.
- Designed to fit the Inside-Outlet® GFCI for NFPA 79 Compliance.
- Provisions available for other outlets types and interfaces to meet all your needs.
- Robust design: (0-60?C) with an MTBF 938,570 hours.
Unmanaged Ethernet switches provide simple communication between Ethernetdevices. With diagnostics limited to the LED?s, you must be able to see the LED?s todiagnose communication problems. Our dual ?inside-out? LED design allows you to seethe status of each port from the inside and outside the panel.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The E5 has no serviceable parts inside and the product shouldbe returned to GEP for service. P1, P2, P4, and P5 are forfunctions like "LAN", "PROGRAM INTERFACE", "PLC", etc.
- 1. Unpack the GracePort® with the E5 Ethernet Switch. Mountassembly with gasket to the enclosure.
- 2. Remove orange warning label and connect 24VDC nominal(9-30VDC range) to the green terminal block on the rear of theunit as per above wiring diagram.
- 3. Connect ethernet device cable(s) to the E5 ethernet switchas per IEEE 802.3 applicable standards.
- 4. Apply power to the unit. Verify that the power LED in thefront is illuminated. Verify that the LINK/ACT and DUPLEXstatus LED's properly indicate that the connected device(s) arecommunicating with the E5 ethernet switch as per above.
Copyright ©2010, Grace Engineered Products, Inc. All rights reserved.